Purchasing or refinancing your home may be the largest financial transaction you ever make and can feel a bit overwhelming. Keeping yourself informed of the basics of the mortgage process, from application to closing, will make the whole experience less stressful. With the assistance of your Realtor and mortgage professional, it should be an efficient, stress-free, and ultimately rewarding experience.
Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or an experienced homeowner, there are many things to consider throughout the mortgage process and it’s nice to have a little help along the way. Even if you’ve been through the home buying or refinancing process before, procedures change over time and it’s important to stay up-to-date. We’ve compiled the mortgage resources below with helpful tips and information that will assist you in getting started with your purchase or refinance.
Congratulations on your decision to purchase or refinance your home. Don’t forget to contact us with any questions you may have along the way – we’re here to help!
The following information is usually required during the loan process:
- Your Social Security number
- Current pay stubs or, if self employed, your tax returns for the past two years
- Bank statements for the past two months
- Investment account statements for the past two months
- Life insurance policy
- Retirement account statements for the past two months
- Make and model of vehicles you own and their resale value
- Credit card account information
- Auto loan account information
- Personal loan account information
If you currently own Real Estate:
- Mortgage account information
- Home insurance policy information
- Home equity account information (if applicable)
Use our online calculators to serve as helpful tools during the mortgage process. Click here to view our available mortgage calculators.
The Bryan Schmidt Mortgage Team
We are a team that works together to deliver the best mortgage experience – from the very beginning of the process to after the closing. We treat our clients, affiliates, referral sources, and each other with the utmost respect. Because of our values, ethics, and integrity, we are unparalleled in our industry. Learn More→